2012 RESOLUTIONS COMPLETED (Dec. 27, 2012)
Join me as I begin 12for13: A Year Without Fear
2012 will be defined by the two challenges I have undertaken as this year’s resolutions. This blog is intended solely for the purpose of chronicling the journey that results.
The resolutions for 2012 come in 2 categories:
Learning Resolutions: Learn to do 12 new things. I’m looking for quirky, seemingly difficult things that most people marvel at, yet could be accomplished if you just make an effort and have the discipline and tenacity to stick with it.
- Jumping Stilts
- Knit (Yarn Bomb)
- Play Drums
- Ballroom Dance
- Eat Right (Vegan)
- Social Media
- Rope (Lasso)
- Conquer Headaches
Giving Resolutions: Do 12 charitable things that don’t involve writing a check. I’m looking to inspire others and myself to be more caring and considerate by gaining a new perspective. It’s an attempt to pierce the bubble of my world.
- Build Homes
- Foster the Puppy
- Donate Marrow
- Image Mitzvah
- Warm Up America
- League of Professional Educators
- Musical Mold (Pay It Forward 1)
- Learning Adventures (Pay It Forward 2)
- Chez Magnifique (Pay It Forward 3)
- Stranded Hiker
- Book Drop
- Donate Organs
My Other Resolutions
- 2013: A Year Without Fear – 12 Things That Terrify Me
- 2009: The Year of Biblio-Inspiration – Read 50 books in a year.
- 2007: Hiking All Santa Barbara Trails – Hike every trail in Santa Barbara.